Nutrition and Food Security Alliance of Namibia (NAFSAN), Namibia
NAFSAN is an alliance consisting of Civil Society, Academia, Private Sector and committed individuals. it is a vibrant and committed part of Namibia’s movement to eradicate malnutrition and to achieve food security.
NAFSAN’s Mission is to
- provide organisations, communities, and individuals with effective platforms, tools, information and skills to achieve food security and optimal nutritional status for themselves and others
- promote nutrition and food science and make such science applicable and accessible to the entire population of Namibia
- advocate and practically support efficient governmental and non-governmental communication and collaboration structures, financial and political commitment, legislation, policies, programmes and actions that ensure food security, and an effective, sustainable and equity-focused approach to improving the nutritional status of everyone in Namibia.
NAFSAN hereby aims to:
- work in partnership with government, private sector, civil society, communities, academia, educators, committed individuals, UN agencies and other international partners towards achieving NAFSAN’s vision and mission
- enhance national and sub-national structures and systems for effective, accountable, coordinated and sustainable implementation of nutrition and food security actions by organisations, communities and individuals
- raise public awareness of structures, laws, policies, programmes and initiatives that promote sustainable food security and optimal nutrition, and to critically and constructively review them and to advocate for necessary changes
- promote learning and innovation concerning nutrition and food security by collecting credible evidence, conducting policy analyses, and providing platforms for communication among the public, partners and relevant professionals
- support civil society and other stakeholders to effectively discuss and take coordinated action aimed at improving nutrition and food security.
Region: East and Southern Africa
Number of members: 16
Areas of expertise
- Available soon
How to join this alliance
To join this alliance, please complete the membership application form below and email it to:
The alliance will be in touch and may ask you to provide further information.
If you do not receive a response within a month, please forward the filled-in form and your original email to email@example.com.
Find the CSA on
East and Southern Africa region newsAll news
This week, actors across the nutrition community including representatives from governments, businesses, academics and members of civil society came together to make bold pledges towards the UN nutrition targets at the Nutrition for Growth Summit. The Civil Society Network (CSN) is part of Scaling Up Nutrition (SUN), a world-wide Movement to end malnutrition. Our diverse […]
With more women parliamentarians than ever before, it is crucial that facilities are available for women to adequately nourish their child during its first 1000 days. In Zimbabwe, Parliamentary Portfolio Committee on Health and Child Care chairperson Dr Ruth Labode said “We now have more young female legislators in Parliament who have children and are breastfeeding.” It […]
Our membership is huge! With civil society presence in nearly 50 countries, we always knew we were a large network. But after gathering the data from this year’s Annual Survey we have discovered that we have an incredible 4212 member organisations in the Scaling Up Nutrition Civil Society Network (SUN CSN)!1 This number has increased […]