Nutrition and Food Security Alliance of Namibia (NAFSAN), Namibia
NAFSAN is an alliance consisting of Civil Society, Academia, Private Sector and committed individuals. it is a vibrant and committed part of Namibia’s movement to eradicate malnutrition and to achieve food security.
NAFSAN’s Mission is to
- provide organisations, communities, and individuals with effective platforms, tools, information and skills to achieve food security and optimal nutritional status for themselves and others
- promote nutrition and food science and make such science applicable and accessible to the entire population of Namibia
- advocate and practically support efficient governmental and non-governmental communication and collaboration structures, financial and political commitment, legislation, policies, programmes and actions that ensure food security, and an effective, sustainable and equity-focused approach to improving the nutritional status of everyone in Namibia.
NAFSAN hereby aims to:
- work in partnership with government, private sector, civil society, communities, academia, educators, committed individuals, UN agencies and other international partners towards achieving NAFSAN’s vision and mission
- enhance national and sub-national structures and systems for effective, accountable, coordinated and sustainable implementation of nutrition and food security actions by organisations, communities and individuals
- raise public awareness of structures, laws, policies, programmes and initiatives that promote sustainable food security and optimal nutrition, and to critically and constructively review them and to advocate for necessary changes
- promote learning and innovation concerning nutrition and food security by collecting credible evidence, conducting policy analyses, and providing platforms for communication among the public, partners and relevant professionals
- support civil society and other stakeholders to effectively discuss and take coordinated action aimed at improving nutrition and food security.
Region: East and Southern Africa
Number of members: 16
Areas of expertise
- Available soon
How to join this alliance
To join this alliance, please complete the membership application form below and email it to:
The alliance will be in touch and may ask you to provide further information.
If you do not receive a response within a month, please forward the filled-in form and your original email to email@example.com.
Find the CSA on
East and Southern Africa region newsAll news
A photoblog by Georgine Obwana – CSA Uganda In this ever-changing world, it is necessary to keep updating yourself, your knowledge, and your intellect, to keep up with the continuous growth and development taking place. This is exactly why the one week blended international course on Enhancing Capacities on Nutrition – Sensitive programing (NSP) has […]
Since 2018 SUN CSN has run a small grants programme, which invites interested & eligible CSAs and their members to apply for small grants, to implement and pilot small projects for research or innovation purposes over a 6-month period. Between 2018 – 2022 The SUN CSN Small Grants Programme has run four cycles of funding […]
One year on from the Nutrition for Growth (N4G) summit, SUN CSN launches a social accountability campaign to hold stakeholders to account for promises made. The SUN Civil Society Network, along with the support of network members and global partners, want to see that the bold commitments we all made for nutrition become a reality! […]