About the SUN Civil Society Network
The SUN Civil Society Network brings together over 4,000 members in over 50 countries across the globe.
As part of the Scaling Up Nutrition Movement (SUN), the SUN Civil Society Network (SUN CSN) is working to raise the voices of those who are affected by malnutrition. Our primary purpose is to end malnutrition globally by 2030.
The network contributes to this cause through five strategic objectives:
- Objective 1 – Civil Society Space: Promote meaningful civil society representation and engagement, especially from the most marginalised, across the SUN Movement and beyond.
- Objective 2 – An Enabling Environment: Advocate for improved financial, policy and legal action on nutrition, and hold all stakeholders accountable
- Objective 3 – Network Sustainability: Drive sustainability across the CSN by equipping the Network’s structures with the skills and resources they need to deliver on their workplans and address the challenges they face.
- Objective 4 – Programme Delivery: Scale up effective nutrition interventions and sensitisation at community level.
- Objective 5 – Evidence & Learning: Generate evidence and use it to inform decisions and scale promising interventions.
How are we helping to end malnutrition?
How are we governed
The SUN Civil Society Network is governed by a steering group of representatives from different member organisations across the globe, overseen by a chair and vice-chair. The steering group is responsible for network decision-making, with guidance from SUN Civil Society Alliances in SUN countries.
The day-to-day work of the network is coordinated by the SUN Civil Society Network secretariat, currently hosted by Save the Children UK.
How we are funded
The SUN Civil Society Network receives financial support from our donor partners. This funding ensures we’re able to provide an effective secretariat to support and galvanise civil society in a collective effort to end malnutrition.
Our incredible donor partners are, FCDO, Irish Aid and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation.
The secretariat team
SUN CSN Senior Adviser
Alexandra focuses on:
- Managing SUN CSN’s regional coordination work, and the Secretariat’s support to our civil society alliances
- Leading our global governance processes
- Working with Christopher on strategy and engaging with the other SUN networks
- Working with Hannah to lead the network’s advocacy plans
Fundraising & Sustainability Adviser
Andy focuses on:
- Leading of the CSN fundraising and sustainability capacity, systems and tools.
- Developing the CSN fundraising and sustainability strategic approach.
- Coordinating the Pooled Fund to CSAs
- Leading on design and supervision of CSN competitive grant initiatives
- Supporting the Asia regional group and a range of CSAs globally
Zoe focuses on:
- Supporting alliances with their communication strategies
- Delivering the SUN CSN’s communication strategy
- Creating and delivering a social media plan for the SUN CSN Secretariat’s social channels
- Providing internal communication updates for the CSAs